Practical and theory driven course adapted according to the needs and experience of students.
· Map reading: Reading and using maps, scales, understanding contours, terrain and symbols.
· Understanding and reading different natural references on the map.
· Obtaining UTM coordinates and finding them.
· Learning how to use and follow a compass correctly.
· Getting a sense of direction with and without the use of a compass, reading natural signs and essential parameters.
· Orientation tests: rules, techniques and strategies.
· Putting it all into practice.
The extent to which we address each aspect will depend upon the group ability and the duration of the course.