Theoretical-practical course adapted and personalised to the experience and needs of the students:
- Cartography: Handling and use of maps. Scales, slope lines, symbology.
- Interpretation and identification of natural areas on maps.
- Obtaining UTM coordinates and searching for them.
- Understanding the compass, obtaining and following compass bearings.
- Orientation with and without compass in natural terrain, references and essential parameters.
- Orientation Testing: Standards, Techniques and Strategies.
- Putting into practice what has been learnt in an orientation
Depending on the capacity of the group and the duration of the course, the subject matter will be further developed.